Sunday night .. had put off marking some writing assessments all week so spent 4 hours ploughing through those
Monday INSET Normal day 8.30- 6pm plus 1 hour in the evening
Tuesday 8.30-6, no lunch break (art club) and a planning meeting after school so reading tests plus prep had to be taken home. Am supposed to be writing reports but can't quite get started.. put off marking tests. One hour prep (seasoned teacher, saved resources from a previous year doctored and improved)
Wednesday 8.15- 6 lunch spent marking, left school with IEP folder and literacy books to mark + 2 hours
Thursday 8-5 lunch spent marking but still bought home literacy and maths tests
...have decided that this is terribly boring to read, so will stick to the facts!
My salary is based on a 6 hour day.. plus some directed time to include planning and staff meetings. I will record any additional time spent preparing and marking on top of the 6 hours.
Teaching isn't a one dimensional job, this week I have had a child tell me that their parents are getting divorced and subsequently I have lent a listening ear .. that's not just a casual conversation but two break times. Should I count those as "working"? I believe so, it's my responsibility to look after my class's welfare and I'm pleased they feel they can confide in me. I certainly can't teach and deal with situations where children need to talk to someone in a lesson, so I'll be adding in listening to musical instruments, running clubs, dealing with poor behaviour, phoning parents and .. under "emotional support".
No comments:
Post a Comment